Panama's cuisine is a delicious blend of African, Spanish, and indigenous influences. Some popular traditional dishes include:
1. Sancocho - a hearty chicken soup with yucca, plantains, and corn.
2. Arroz con Pollo - rice with chicken cooked in tomato sauce.
3. Ceviche - a marinated seafood dish with onions, tomatoes, and lime juice.
4. Empanadas - fried or baked turnovers filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables.
5. Carimañola - cassava dough filled with meat, cheese, or vegetables and then deep-fried.
6. Tamales - steamed corn dough filled with chicken or pork and wrapped in banana leaves.
7. Ropa Vieja - shredded beef cooked in a tomato-based sauce.
8. Hojaldres - a type of fried bread typically served for breakfast with eggs or cheese.
9. Chicheme - a refreshing drink made from sweet corn, milk, and cinnamon.
10. Tostones - twice-fried green plantain slices, often served as a side dish.
Overall, Panama's cuisine offers a wide range of flavors that are sure to satisfy any taste buds!